Given the effort required to contribute to Wikipedia and follow the many rules and restrictions, why would anyone (especially a business) take the time to become a respected member of the Wikipedia community? The answer is simple--it is establishes you as an online authority and helps endow you with credibility in specific subject categories.
To achieve this status, however, you should keep in mind that the bottom line is to contribute, don't spam.
The following resources offer tips, guidelines, and suggestions how to become an accomplished Wikipedian, along some words of caution:
- The Art Of SEO For Wikipedia & 16 Tips To Gain Respect
- How to Promote Your Company in Wikipedia
- Anyone Use Wikipedia to Market Their Product?
- How to use Wikipedia to Promote Yourself
- Wikipedia: An article about yourself is nothing to be proud of
- Wikipedia shows signs of stalling as number of volunteers falls sharply