A podcast is a series of prerecorded audio or video files stored on your Web site that users can subscribe to and receive on regular intervals. For a business, a podcast provides the unique opportunity to increase your reach and visibility in promoting a brand, product, or service, as well as building customer loyalty. However, podcasts are only useful if you have something of value to say or show and are willing to dedicate the resources to produce high-quality content.
Image by miss_rogue
Whatever your business, a little careful thought (and some inspiration) will help you find creative, attention grabbing, and interesting ways to present your topics using audio and video podcasting, which can help you promote your business. For example, if you sell nuts (the kind you eat), you might create a video podcast series that begins with the care and quality that does into growing your delectable treats, followed by podcasts showing the processing and then the colorful packaging of your assortments. Be sure to make the video (or audio) podcasts fun as well as informative.
The following resources provide suggestions for using podcasting to promote your business, along with examples of the best podcasts:
- How to use podcasting to promote your business
- Using Podcasting to Promote Your Business
- Promoting Your Business With Podcasts
- Duct Tape Marketing Podcast
- Online Visibility Tip: Create a Video Podcast
- 7 Keys to Promoting Your Podcast
- 9 Ways to Promote Your Audio/Video Podcast Online
- 50 Social Media Podcasts
- 100 Best Small Business Podcasts 2009