To use a social bookmarking site, you must register. Popular social bookmarking sites include Delicious, StumbleUpon, Digg, FuzzFizz, Netvouz, Newnooze, Jumptags, and Wikio.
By having quality, relevant, useful, and unique content on your Web site or blog, you can gain votes, which will move your links up in the social bookmarking rankings. Just like with search engine results, higher rankings can translate into additional traffic to your site or blog and, hopefully, more conversions (e.g., sales, subscriptions, etc.). Another strategy to improve your site ranking is to have your friends vote for your site links.
In addition to promoting your site and increasing Web traffic, you can use social bookmarking rankings and tags to spot who is online and what they are interested in. Identifying niche markets with unmet needs and organizing your marketing mix to reach those niche markets and satisfy their unmet needs is not only a smart business strategy, but essential to surviving in this economy.
The following resources provide a variety of ideas and suggestions for using social bookmarking sites to promote and increase your business:
- 3 Benefits Social Bookmarking Offers to Online Businesses
- Drive Massive Traffic to Your Site Using the Power of Social Bookmarking
- How to Use Social Bookmarking to Promote Your Small Business
- How to use Social Bookmarking to Promote your Business
- Top 20 Most Popular Social Bookmarking Websites
- Benefits of Using Social Bookmarking Sites