Image by Tresijas
At some point, the decision to use social media marketing or convincing someone else to do so eventually comes down to justifying the expenditure of resources and time. This typically involves measuring the success of the effort. Measuring the effectiveness of using social media to promote a business can be done both qualitatively and quantitatively. Most people feel more confident and comfortable with numbers, so social media metrics dominate, such as Return on Investment (ROI), Web analytics, and other similar quantitative assessments.
The following resources provide a variety of useful methods and tools for measuring the success of social media marketing campaigns:
- Social Media Metrics Superlist: Measurement, ROI, & Key Statistics Resources
- Tools and Metrics You Need to Measure and Monitor Social Media Success
- Assessing free social media metrics tools
- How to Measure Social Media ROI for Business
- Measuring Social Media ROI: Does size matter?
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Criticisms and Best Practices